Saturday 9 July 2011

Co-whining



I have started doing something called co-listening with another participant on the course. Actually we call it co-whining but the principle remains the same. Basically you take turns at speaking to your partner about whatever is on your mind for ten minutes. During this time the person listening does not speak, comment or interact. They just listen.  At the end of the ten minutes they reflect back what the person has said but at no time offer advice, give judgment, approval etc. It is an amazing thing to do especially if you do it each day with the same partner.  It has made me realise how rarely we really listen to each other and how often we seek answers in others that are in ourselves the whole time.
On a side note – the snout festival continues.  I may need to fill up one of my lungs soon or eat less. (I think the lung option sounds easier.)

No comments: