Friday 29 July 2011

beach dog date and bush lurking

The other night beach dog (also known as Tutu) asked me if I would like to come to town with her. How could I say no? We were actually quite good for each other on the walk up the hill because neither of us is very good at keeping to the side of the road so we gently nudged each other every time one of us gravitated to the centre in defiance of all traffic ( car or donkey.) Anyway when we got to town  the black poodle welcomed us into the streets and then vroom my beach dog date was gone. I didn't find her for many hours and when I did she had her nose very firmly planted up the backside of shaggy black mutt she had met in the square. I didn't see her again that night. Happily though I went to one of my favourite restaurant's on the beach last night and found beach dog had safely returned.

***

Other than keeping up with beach dog I have been enjoying some quiet days down by the beach swimming and painting stones. Yesterday I got commissioned by a very determined three year old to paint a picture of a cat for her. Both three year old and parents were very happy with the result which meant peace for everyone at least for half an hour. 

The only embarrassing point I can think of so far was when I got caught in the bushes behind Cafe Ferogia trying to get wi-fi on my telephone while a private party was going on. I hadn't realised the blue light of my phone was dancing like a firefly in the dark and I felt mortified when Banana Smoothie Boyfriend (BSB) came out to see who was lurking in the bushes. He laughed but I was embarrassed. Then later the same night I locked myself out of my room ( while the party was still going) which was even worse because I really did not want to interrupt the party again. Fortunately Banana Smoothie Girlfriend (BSG) saw me  lurking in the shadows (again!!) and came to my rescue. The next morning BSB and BSG gave me a lovely big cappuccino and piece of cake and told me not to worry at all. For some reason their kindness made me cry into my coffee. (Fortunately they were stealth tears and only the coffee knew.) I think I felt frustrated with myself because locking myself out etc had made me feel like a child and I don't want to feel like a child - i want to feel like a fearless stone painting writer woman with excellent knowledge of English grammar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have heard rumours that you have travelled the world, seen exotic places, eaten precarious foods, and survived ferocious diseases. I am sure that takes great gall, balls and maturity - well beyond the feats of a child.

A young heart, on the other hand, is awesome, sexy, quirky, fun and lost to most. The situation you describe is by far not beyond my doings. It makes me giggle and I think it is cool.

don't change