Wednesday 27 February 2013

Do(y)lmabahçe Palace

If you go down to the end of my road and follow The Bosphorus on your right you will soon arrive at Dolmabahçe Palace. It is a very beautiful building, almost Venetian. Apparently Mr Ataturk breathed his last within its palatial walls. I hope to visit it when the weather is more clement. 
In the meantime I have discovered a Do(y)lmabahçe Palace right on my door step. It is built along the wall of the mosque ın my street and is obviously home to the Kazanaçı cats of which there are many.

  
Here are a few of the lovelies up close.

This one is huge and very nervous. A mouse could take his dinner away.
This one is very friendly and enjoys his tucker.


And of course lovely Three-Paw
                                             
I have even bought an instrument of mass beautification now so I can comb them all into objects of true splendor. If they wıll let me of course. 
*****

Oh and in case your wondering. No I haven't managed to make any fur-less friends yet.  

No comments: