Saturday 20 July 2013

a bunch of biscuits

So the other day I answered the door and there was a man with a bag of cat food for me.  No flowers for this laydee - just a crunchy treats for my furry friends.
My transformation is complete!

The funny thing is just last week I went to the cat people who look after the Doy-Palace near the mosque and gave them some bags of cat food. It seems that I am seen as a subsidiary now - worthy of my own donations.
 I know that I am seen as Three-Paws keeper these days. I think it is the way she bunny-hops up and down the street beside me whenever I go out...and everybody loves the little Melek because she is so plucky and amiable and how can you hate a cat with a missing limb. Even Kelem, the man responsible for her radical cancer treatment, commented to me how she has moved away from their home and loves me very much.
He is a lesson in letting go because I can see how much he loves her ( and invested in her) but he is able to let her find her own path ( all 20 meters of it.) It worries me a bit that I am Three-Paw's keeper right now..for what will happen..as I do not see how I can stay here long-term, unsettled as I am..but then I choose to worry only about today and I remind myself that this  game little beastie was busy being a mother, fighting cancer and charming this street well before I came along.

***

And in case you are wondering - No I don't wander the streets covered in fur and scratches smelling of Whiskas. I love people too..I'm just looking out for the little furry people too...

No comments: