Monday 29 August 2011

Time to begin imagining again


Beware Greeks bearing stones!

My friend Z came from London for the weekend and announced that she would quite like one of the Skyros stones I had painted. Of course I obliged! Regard the cheesy smile -  yet another happy customer (of the non-paying variety you understand!) I  would never dream of charging Z for one of my creations as she is (a) a friend and (b) bona fide Greek. Surely charging a Greek for one of their stones would be akin to charging a Laplander for  ice cubes? Actually it's not like I have charged anyone yet for a stone anyway - I am a true struggling artiste! 
To be honest I am really missing painting my stones right now. I have a whole stack I brought back from Greece but I just haven't had time over the past two weeks. I think I need to find time. Actually the same could be said for my writing - I really need to write. I need to start. I need to create. I need to find the same amount of energy which I give to my students and give it to myself as well. Not even the same amount actually -just some time. A little window to catch my breath and begin imagining again. I have lost enough breath already this year.




No comments: