Monday 8 August 2011

Peace restored

my studio
Yesterday afternoon I was having a lie down on my bed when there was a knock at the door and this cut glass English accent called out ' Are you the stone painter?' It sounded very otherworldish and I felt she could have just as easily asked  - are you the cloud-gatherer or perhaps the woman who speaks with spoons. Naturally I answered in my best otherworldish voice that I was and she asked if she could have /buy some of the stones I had on my windowsill. In the end I offered to paint her a new one. Some of my stones I have given away when I feel I know where they belong but otherwise I prefer to paint new ones than give away the ones that just 'arrived' somehow.
Another commissioned piece

But of course I am digressing from the most important news which is. 'Yes - Tutu has been found.'
 Peace has been restored to the sands of Molos. 

No comments: