Friday 3 March 2017

Morning tea

This morning I decided to drink my tea in the garden. It is such a beautiful, chaotic, haphazard kind of place that tumbles down the hillside and out into the hills. The spring flowers are beginning to raise their sleepy heads and my Rosemary Bush is in full bloom like a promise of renewed life. Mainly I decided to sit outside though because it is where my girls like to spend their post-breakfast ambles. Pirate scouring the stone wall for mice and snakes. Three Paw bounding through the grass with the odd one-armed attack on an unsuspecting olive tree. For a minute as I watched her smiling among the flowers, I couldn't see her nasty tumour I could only see her. And it reminded me to keep seeing her, championing her cause.

Nothing has changed but I feel a little better today. Mainly because I managed to take charge. I have changed vets and have an appointment in Florence on Monday morning with a vet hospital there. And you know what, they may not be able to change the ultimate outcome ( although they may) but they were attentive and immediate and full of diagnostic plans. They won't be cheap I know but that is a challenge for another day ( or probably years! Never has the need for a more lucrative career change spoke so loudly to me.)

But as I said, that is for another day. Now is about action, about information and about love.


No comments: