Wednesday 15 March 2017

Chemo with da boyfriend

Three Paw and her Sicilian date, Alberto
Yesterday morning, early, Three Paw climbed on to my chest and sat purring into my face; Pirate lay with her head against my ear and we were in a moment of bliss. After our little purr circle, Three Paw and I hopped on a train to Florence so she could start her chemotherapy. When I left her she was kneading my  jumper and purring to Alberto, her boyfriend vet.

That cat teaches me more about being zen than any handbook ever could.

Later I had a mail from Alberto telling me the chemo had finished, that she hadn't needed sedation (she fancies him you see) and that she was doing fine. It made the conjugation of verbs at work much easier I can tell you.

Unfortunately she had to stay the night at the vet hospital because I didn't finish work until 8.30 pm. The ironic thing is the night in hospital  actually cost me more than I earned by staying at work but when you are a teacher it is difficult to cancel classes and I didn't want to cause the school any bother.

I stayed in Florence with a colleague and we both slept well and deeply. As my colleague said sometimes you just need to have another person near you.

I collected Three Paw in the morning, still purring, and we took the train back to San Miniato. She got so many bellissimas on the train I am beginning to think she secretly enjoys the jaunts into Florence. When she lived in Turkey she used to spend her days lounging on the pavement lapping up cok guzels from all the passersby. I suspect my little madame revels in adoration.

Back in her street days...working that pose

Now she is home, she even obliged me with some snacking which is a great sign.

Now in her crib
WARNING: I suspect my blog is going to be a little Three Paw heavy over these coming weeks but I want to honour her journey and what an amazing companion she is.

No comments: