Wednesday 1 February 2012

no regrets

I found the article in The Guardian on the regrets of the dying very interesting. I suspect it is true and I imagine this happens very often but I do think there is a great challenge in living in the way that you wished you had lived. In particular having the courage to live a life true to yourself and having the courage to express your feelings. I think for many people these things are easier to regret than actually live. Living them often leads to times of great doubt and fear (sometimes even misery)but if you can do it, if you can find the courage,  you will be richer somehow. And though you may fall into great troughs you probably find greater peaks too.

     I actually found the article comforting somehow because even though I suffer a lot sometimes, I believe it is because I am trying to have the courage to live my life and express myself even though it hurts.

Of course I fail a lot but hopefully sometimes I do succeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Will you marry me?