Thursday 5 February 2015

Everybody needs saving

It's funny how your feelings about living in Istanbul can change in a few hours. I just went out to watch some folk I know play in a band in Taksim. The bar was expensive but it was a good night out. Reminded me why I like it here. Then I walked home and this man in a grey car pretty much followed me all the way home. Not continuously. He would just turn up on corners and shout out of his car. The thing is he didn't bother me. What bothered me was the lovely lady dog I met on the street. She nuzzled my hand as we walked  and followed me all the way home. And she was gentle and sweet and afraid of the men who passed by. And then when I got to my home she curled up on the mat that is laid out in front of the building.

In Istanbul every thing needs saving. Everybody wants love. Cats. Dogs. People. Children. I don't think I can manage this city for too much longer.

No comments: