Thursday 18 September 2014

Flying Docs



Of course one cannot admire QANTAS without also admiring the Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia.




                                                         
 A couple of jolly doctors!!



One of the most fascinating things was to listen in to a couple of recordings of real calls between the doctors and outback stations.  The best one was about a snake bite. I have always read about what to do with a bite ( bandaging/ splinting/ immobilizing/ not sucking the poison - I  mean truly, I really don't know how that last one ever got any airplay) but having a doctor calmly explain each step was actually very useful and I feel much more confident about frolicking in my parent's backyard sans boots-impenetrada than I ever did before. 

No comments: