Wednesday 13 March 2013

Sleep and the cıty



I work near the business district of Istanbul and today I saw some local workers taking their afternoon nap.

Obviously a hard morning in the office!
This cat, in particular, was very much out for the count and did not seem to care that he was kipping in a main thoroughfare. Fortunately all his two-legged co-workers were willing to accommodate him.


Not everyone was sleepy though.


I know I know. You are probably thinking "Oh dear, she is turning into that cat woman." But I would say "What's so bad about that!" 
Besides it is not as if I don't talk to people all day. I do. Students tell me all about themselves. Making friends comes later. In the meantime I just have to find ways to pass the time doing things that I love. Which reminds me yesterday I saw Three-Paw straddling a motorbike like he owned it. I am wondering if a love of fast bikes may have been the cause of his amputation.

****
I haven't written much recently because I have been facing some challenges. maybe I will write about it one day but right now I prefer just to keep finding my way...slowly!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings I am so delighted I found your web site, I really found you
by mistake, while I was searching on Bing for something else, Nonetheless I am here now
and would just like to say kudos for a marvelous post and a
all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time
to look over it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds,
so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the great work.


Here is my weblog; know more

Joanna said...

Hı Anon

Thank you for your encouragement and interest. I don't really think of anyone reading my blog apart from my mother so it is always a surprise to hear from a stranger.

Thank you agaın.
J