Saturday 19 March 2011

Crazy blue chandelier

I was lying in bed at 7 pm tonight thinking how sad it was to be lying in my bed at such an early hour, when I noticed the crazy blue chandelier I have hanging from my roof. I stared at it for a while, admiring how it looked like a giant crystal star right in the middle of my living room universe, and I thought the  person who bought that incredible light would never pass so much of her time lying, flat as a pancake, in her bed.

                                                                    Being blue

She would probably spend her time trying to eat goat soap in a Malian market or swim eyes-closed in the Amazon River as the piranhas lick their lips or go urban camel-riding with insane Syrians at three in the morning! She might even shiver her way down the Yangtze River in a rusted river boat or kiss the Blarney Stone with her forehead. She might search for the grassy triangle somewhere in the Lake District, run naked through the Wadi Rum or drink Scorpion mezcal shots in the only cantina in Oaxaco where unbearded women are allowed to enter! At a pinch she might even dance with  a Peruvian Spaceman at high altitude or ride her city bike from Siena to Buonconvento in the middle of winter. She might even lay quietly dying in Timbuktoo with sand in her ears and a fever to match the sun.... but she would never just lie like a piece of paper, flat and expressionless, in her bed at 7 pm on Saturday evening. So I made her get up and write this blog instead!
Picture of crazy blue chandelier in its natural Egyptian habitat before relocation to Living Room Universe!

1 comment:

Lo stinky il Vagabondo said...

"The world was on fire. No one could save me but you.

Strange what desire will make foolish people do.

I never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you.

And I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you."