Saturday 10 April 2010

a bit fishy

Yesterday I had lunch at Sakura which is a Japanese restaurant at the main Bahnhof. I really liked it. It was busy and yet tranquil and I actually ate fish! In general I am not a friend of the fish (well I suppose I am because I don't eat them). It comes from spending a childhood dishing cans of seafood platter to five ravenous pussy cats - all that jelly and spine and miscellaneous fishy bits. And that fishy cat breath as they come personally to tell you how delicious it was. But yesterday I stepped up to the plate, as it were, and it was actually a really nice meal. Of course the fish did not taste fishy and there was sauce to drown it in but kudos to me for trying :-) i had weird dreams though which may or may not have been fish related. In one of them an old cat of mine, Sooty, came and asked if he could die in my arms because he was very tired. I cradled him in my arms in the courtyard and I kept telling him how great he was, what a wonderful cat he had been, until he eventually raised a paw up to my lips and explained it was very hard to die when people heap praise on you because you want to listen. Then, and this is the strange bit, I found myself at the airport getting ready to take plane to Tenerife and for some reason everything I said had everyone laughing. In a good way not a bad way. The check-in desk were in hysterics, the flight attendants wanted to give me the best seat. The baggage handlers were high fiving me. Of course I can't remember a single witticism I said but they must be dormant in my head somewhere - what this space!!!
***
Today's quote

“Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream.” Paul Coelho

No comments: