Friday 18 October 2013

Hey stranger -beautiful friend

Last night I could not sleep. I could feel my heart in my throat and I knew as long as I felt like this I would not sleep. I got up for a while and went out on  Kazanci Street. I love my street in the middle of the night. Quiet  - apart from a few cats on their nightly jogs and a couple of teenagers having a kiss under the mosque. When I came back in I took solace from  the words of Orhan Pamuk, in particular The Museum of Innocence which is a book I love with such ferocity  that it deserves a blog entry of its own. Eventually I fell asleep only to wake a few hours later to the sound of heavy rain. I bolted downstairs to Three-Paw who rather gratefully let me carry her out of her plant pot across the road, which had become a flood, and into my room for some cuddles and warm air.
When I got up this morning I still felt weighed down but I worked on my writing  all the same. Then in the afternoon I bought myself a an eye pencil, the colour of which I discovered post-purchase is actually called eccentric diva. Oh dear. Not surprisingly this purchase did not cheer me up and I realised what I was missing was Hafiz. I have neglected him of late and sadly I do not even have his book here with me. Thank goodness for the internet though - and for Hafiz.


Be kind to your sleeping heart.

Take it out in the vast field of light
And let it breathe.” 



HAFIZ

No comments: