Tuesday 22 June 2010

Chakra-asana

Today in yoga Izabella lifted me up into a full wheel pose ( chakra-asana) . I could feel my whole body and spirit stretching in a way that made me feel both great pain and great life. Then suddenly I began to cry while in the pose. The tears fell down my face so quickly and so heavily that they actually rained down on my yoga mat and sounded like rain drops on a tin roof in summer time. Izabella lowered me down and I just lay there and wept. She came back a few minutes later and said 'Come on. Let's make another wheel pose.' So she lifted me up high once more and I felt my body and heart burning.

Later during Shivasana she came and cradled my head in her hands and told me to cry. ' Let it all out', she whispered. 'Yoga helps us do this.' So I did. And I didn't feel embarassed there in the class. I just felt myself in the middle of my great pain but it was as if Izabella was there with me, not carrying me, but she was there.

I will always be grateful that I came to Basel just for this experience.

No comments: