Friday 18 February 2011

a little bit of love

This week my conversation class threw a Valentine's Party ( their choice not mine!) We had chocolate cake and made cards with Loving Ogres on them to give to each other. They also gave me a sizeable amount of Basel-Stadt money which I can spend in a number of shops in town. This gift was totally unexpected and made me want to cry ( which I admit is not actually that hard to do right now!) But it wasn't the money that made me misty ( although greatly appreciated in this time of scarcity) but it was the warmth and love with which they gave it to me that touched me deeply. So in honour of my students I have decided to fill this blog with pictures of my present homeland, Switzerland.



** mountain goats in action **





Mountain cows in action!



The Matterhorn


Swiss National day


No comments: