Saturday 31 January 2009

Pet Rock

Yesterday night I went to watch Mamma Mia at a friend's house. Yes I know the editing is awful in this movie and the lighting too - but somehow I still love it and every time I see the old woman throwing her bundle to join Dancing Queen it makes me want to hurl my handbag across the room and kick up a leg as well.

Anyway the host of this knees-up has recently had a gall stone removed and we had been discussing it on the telephone earlier in the day. Apparently it was quite a rock and she was wondering what she could do with it. So in I waltz that night with a cushion for the movie and a bag of miniature googly eyes for her stone. Honestly the thing is just begging to be a pet rock - perfectly rounded like an egg and dark as charcoal. Of course she laughed ( probably not good post-op) but everyone else's face crumpled (in horror I suppose.) Just a little reminder I suppose of just how bent my imagination is - and yes it means people frown at me sometimes ( I recall a hair bracelet incident from a few years ago garnering a similar reaction) but you know, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Other than fashioning pet rocks out of operation leftovers, I have been fighting the world of html trying to create a simple but functional web page. Results soon - hopefully.

Have a day ( or night depending on where you are.)

J

No comments: