Monday 7 September 2015

77

Happy Birthday Papa...thank you for driving me everywhere since I can remember, burping the alphabet, calculating tunnel-to-car ratios, loving cupcakes, reading to mum in bed, fixing door locks with band-aids, for giving me such thick hair, for sharing a glass of bubbly in the evening, for calling Sooty 'Chook Cat' and Badger 'a pelt in waiting', for hugging me tightly and letting me go, for defending me against Bad Cat, for singing like a soloist in the church choir, for encouraging me to write, for sending me pig-themed postcards when I was 15 years old, for our trips around Switzerland and the Lake District, for lunches at university when I studied there, for letting me deface your whiteboard with lewd cartoon when I was aged 4, for being kind and patient, for mansplaining, for Longreach and Winton  and exploring dinosaur plains...

For everything really.




He kind of went a bit ISIS on the cake but he didn't touch the bottom!!!


Here's to 77 years enriching our planet.



No comments: