Friday 10 May 2013

Resident perks

Today I officially became a resident of Turkey. I can now speak perfect Turkish ( obviously), make perfect börek , drink Raki ( oops I meant Ayran) without a hangover, belly-dance, fib a little and grow one eyebrow.
After I got my permit I waited out on a busy road for 45 minutes for my driver to come. When he came he drove me 5 minutes down the road and told me to catch the metrobus because it was easier ( for him.) I stood at the metrobus for a while trying to work out which way to go before making a phone call and finding the right bus. I then walked along traffic-choked, dusty streets to my school whereupon  I was cheerfully  informed that I would not be getting paid today  and I would have to wait until next week to get reimbursed for my visa. Ah the joy of being a resident!

No comments: