Wednesday 15 August 2012

Circle Painter - non!

I did some work for the Skyros Centre the other day for a bit of nosh and dosh. I met doggy on the way up  so she came up to supervise my work.
My main task was to clean the attic room and do a little painting. Unfortunately I very quickly discovered that while I am ok at stone painting I am definitely not ok at painting big fat circles. I am way too messy and slapdash for such things. It was embarrassing. And yet in all my embarrassment I still couldn't paint between the lines.  Someone very kindly pointed out it just reflected my non-conformist spirit but honestly I think it was more down to general large paintbrush clumsiness and an inherent propensity for mess.
This picture makes it look ok-ish but believe me it wasn't.

Later I went into the Chora ( the town centre) with a couple of gals for some drinks.... actually quite  a few it turned out. At around 4 a.m. I decided to stagger down from the village to the beach again which involved a steep descent down a rocky path with very little light. Mother Nature then decided to put on a spectacular storm which lit the path downwards in a pelting rain, terrifying thunder, horror movie lightning kind of way. It really was quite wonderful to see the storm swallow up the island   but I have to say it was much more enjoyable once I was home and watching the sea from my shelter.


No comments: