Sunday 16 May 2010

This one goes out to the wise woman

So I survived my birthday. By that I don't mean some sort of doom-and-gloom-oh-no-another-year-gone sort of survive I just mean I have made it another year. ( In Italian they say io ho X anni - which means I have X years. It is meant as a celebration - eg look how far I've made it so far!! Woo hoo)

At first I hadn't planned to do anything special to mark the day - but then at the beginning of the week I thought about going to Monaco/ Italy - mid-week I had a change of heart and decided I would prefer to hide in my bed - then on Thursday I decided I needed to get out of Basel and really what better place than the home of fast cars (for quick getaways) and pricey cocktails (perche non!)
In the end I think it was a good idea. Not only did I away from myself for a while ( so to speak) but I got to make friends with a rarver nice Ferrarri. In fact became lovers very soon after!


























I also got to be a Bond girl.
Sort of!

















And I ate Pizza like a true Italian.

( lots of arm gestures and vino!)














It was a nice birthday despite how topsy-turvy I have been feeling lately and for this I am very grateful.

Io ho 38 anni.

1 comment:

Mon said...

Happy Birthday dear! What a lovely way to spend your birthday. I am not sure about that Ferrari shot with your bottom in the air. Reminds me of some raunchy Italian car calendars - except with slightly less clothing. I think your birthday celebrations were great. Looking very good for ..... x years. Love Mon