Wednesday 5 December 2012

Thank God for the Salvos

Last summer I went through a major clearing out frenzy and threw out my black winter jacket. To be honest it was time for it to be voted off the island anyway. Falling apart at the seams, loose buttons and cheesy remnants of way too many chaz bangelis streaked across its non-fur pelt. Of course now I am back in Basel I have a coat dilemma. While I could very easily walk around town in my slanket I realise I should at least try to look good on the outside so the insides can follow. Easier said than done on both fronts. The coats here are very expensive for poor laydees such as myself and I have been quite shocked at the cost of a simple and probably not even warm jacket.Enter the Heilig Armee ( the Salvos in English Speak.)
Today I found a wonderful black jacket with functional zipper AND buttons for only 19 CHF. Huzzah for the World indeed.

No comments: