Saturday 12 May 2012

Finding inspiration

I am a consistently inconsistent writer.  I go through phases where the words come together,  I believe I can write and everything sounds authentic and original and magical. Then of course this moment passes and I am left doubting that I can even spell words let alone marry them together. I feel fraudulent that I have ever published anything  - like it was some ghastly editor's mistake or something.    Of course I am deeply in the second phase right now which is why I am mentioning it. I feel as if I am lacking inspiration , motivation , self-belief. I know this is no excuse  - as Jack London once said -  "You can't wait for inspiration.  You have to go after it with a club." But sometimes inspiration seems so elusive. I think this is because inspiration is one of hope's many sisters and I wrestle with hope constantly. If I let go of hope I die if I hold onto it I burn. 


No comments: