Thursday 6 October 2011

Losing my mind!!

Yesterday I dropped my mobile phone down a flight of stairs and couldn't find the sim card for half an hour! (It had blended chameleon-like with the lovely eighties carpet of my school!) Then today I lost my little purse with my bank card etc. I know these incidents are not accidents. My mind is in the past. My mind is in the future. I need to bring it to the present somehow! Fortunately I had no money in my purse (current status quo) but it is still a pain to cancel everything etc. Especially on top of moving! Especially because I had decided to do something brave and see a hairdresser tomorrow and I hate hairdressers! Now of course I have no money and I can't pay hairdressers in irregular verbs ...can I?
On  a lighter note yesterday one of my students told the class about a car accident he was involved in (obviously the accident wasn't good although no one was hurt only his bumper bar) but he told me how the perpetrator was a German man he thought was a perfect boyfriend for me. Bless my student for thinking of me in such times!! And today another student came to class with a huge plastic bag which she said was for me. When I asked her what it was she said it was her garden!  Which it was: apples, pears, quinces, walnuts...and rather a lot of soil. So now I have a garden in my apartment along with a lot of boxes which must all be moved when I go to my new home!

No comments: